It’s time to give this website a refresh and that is what my focus is right now.
There are times when you realise that your website is not doing all that it could be for you. I had some feedback with comments on the site:-
- links not working
- header image conveying the wrong message
- page text too, at time
- some text colour too light (doesn’t offer enough contrast to the background)
So, it’s time to refresh the site. Here is what is happening –
- Refresh the design – nothing too fancy, just clear and clean and lively
- Plan the site pages properly – most small businesses can be described in 4 or 5 key pages and that’s the initial aim
- Write good, clear copy for those pages (keeping keywords in mind for the search engines)
- Clean up the site – and ensure there’s a helpful “404 File not Found” page for anyone who arrives at a page which has moved
- And we’re ready to move on!
Watch out for changes.